Join us…as we celebrate 50 years of choral singing.
Our plan is to resume our Thursday evening rehearsals in late August, observing the recommended COVID distancing protocols in effect at that time, for our December 3rd and 4th performances. The program, Christmas with Brass, will feature an ensemble of nine brass players and percussionists and will take place in the First United Methodist Church, a fitting acoustical setting for the season. Tentative plans for Spring 2022 include Mozart’s Requiem, with full orchestra.
|What if I don’t read music?
Not a problem; a better question might be “Do you have any choral experience?” or “Do you have a good ear for music?” If the answer is “yes,” reading music is a skill you get better at with practice.
|What is the time commitment?
We rehearse once a week from 7 pm to 9:30 pm in Oneonta beginning in late August until our December concert. Rehearsals for our early May concert begin in late January.
|How do I get more information about the group?
Please check the “About Us” tab above to learn more about our director and our youth programs.
|How do I contact you?
The simplest way is to email CCS@catskillchoralsociety.com to register your interest in joining. As we get a clearer picture of COVID restrictions, we’ll schedule the simple audition where we’ll get to know your voice and you’ll get your questions answered.
Did you know…
- That singing releases stored muscle tension and decreases the levels of a stress hormone called cortisol in your blood stream?
- That singing improves blood circulation and an oxygenated blood stream allow more oxygen to reach the brain, improving mental alertness, concentration, and memory?
- That singing is known to release endorphins, the feel-good brain chemical that makes you feel uplifted and happy?
- That one of the unexpected health benefits of singing is that it can improve your social life?
- That when you sing together with others, you’re likely to feel the same kind of camaraderie and bonding that players experience on sports teams?
- That rehearsing on Thursday evening makes Friday at work almost like a Saturday?
Come get healthy with us!